Hide'n Out in Haliburton, Weekend Warrior report

chris.brock

I love your little piece of Heaven there Chris Brock. You are going to have die hard hard water guys stealthily following you to your spot that has ice AND FISH.

I have driven and owned Jeeps for a long time. YJ's, Wrangler, TJ's. Even though not mine but my pal even had an old post war Willys I helped destroy. The best advice I can give you to keep that Jeep running on the road, do not go off road, at least too much. Off road is fun but expensive. If there was something to break under the body I broke it. One day we were wondering what that noise was coming from below until I needed brakes, the noise was dragging a section of a brake caliper held only by the hydraulic hose, both fronts. All of the suspension components and hardware are nowhere the quality of the same components of years gone by. I hope you get the same enjoyment out of your Jeep as I did all 4 of mine. Get that top off, doors off and fold down the wind screen and you are as close to riding a bike down the road as you can. Do the windshields still fold down?

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I don't think I'll be doing any serious off roading any time soon OI. I couldn't handle the branches scratching the paint and plastic fenders too.

Yeah, the windshields still fold down. Looking forward to it,as soon as the temperature hits 15 degrees, the top is coming off for a cruise.