Return to civilization

wormdunker

I was on a job at a new gold mine north of White River for 9 days. It's nice to be back & read all your posts. We didn't have cell service at the job site, but wifi was available back at the motel. If you're in the area the Continental motel is a very nice place to stay. Their dining room serves excellent food. I left Fonthill last Sunday, drove to Sudbury, picked up a 30 ton boom truck from a crane rental company, departed Sudbury Monday morning heading to White River. I drove through heavy rain till the Soo (+9 C), the further north I travelled the temps started to drop, then it turned to freezing rain, wet snow, then snow. The worst conditions I have driven in 20 years. I worked 12 hour shifts for 8 days straight. This mine is so far back in the bush, even the bears didn't know we were there! LOL! Amazing -the drillers/blasters found gold 10' below the surface! This past Sunday I drove from White River to Sudbury (8 hours), then Sudbury to Fonthill. I drove past many lodges/cabins along the way. Looks like an awesome area to investigate fishing opportunities. I'm definitely going to return in the summer to give it a try. On my way home I stopped at CTC to purchase new Christmas lights. Today I'm hanging lights! Then wifey & I are putting up the tree. WooHoo!

Merry Christmas to all OFCers!

Welcome home you fossil. I have to give you kudos for trudging all over Hell and creation at your age in order to keep both the Provincial and Federal deficits as low as possible. Isn't there a mandatory retirement for 70 something year olds? I'm just my regular jealous me, I can't even drive to Hamilton in the dark. Maybe swing by and pick me up for the GTG, you can share a bed with the cat or you might feel more comfortable sleeping in the back of one the abandoned cranes at the marina, just like trudging the back roads of the NWT or whatever God forsaken place in Canada your cranes will go.

The motto is "Freedom 55" not "Freedom 75" Brian!

We'll lie to each other on the phone soon.

edit: please no more PM's or emails from you guys that live in God forsaken places in Canada, you too M2B2.

Merry Christmas for all that celebrate it and best wishes to those that celebrate other things like Festivis.

Edited by Old Ironmaker