Little Too Far? Maybe....

FloatnFly

I understand that Lew but I'm just stating that in the actually law emergency service workers are exempt. And yes the MDT can be a distraction. That is why we aren't consequence free.

Wasn't blaming you at all Dave...obviously...just saying it's not right to make it illegal for some folks but not for others.

Same as I disagree with having to move over a lane on the highway or slow down when approaching an emergency vehicle stopped on the side of the road, but when poor old Joe Schmuck is trying to change a flat tire cars can legally blow right past him.

Anyways, just my thoughts for a Friday morning. LOL

It is too bad that most jurisdictions / municipalities cannot afford to have two officers per vehicle, one for driving the other for navigating much like firefighters.

Exactly Joe, or at least a set-up for hands free phones.

I understand that Lew but I'm just stating that in the actually law emergency service workers are exempt. And yes the MDT can be a distraction. That is why we aren't consequence free.

now heres a story, was driving home from work mid October, at night, was car length behind a cruiser, he somehow managed to read, and type my plate number in his computer, to find out my sticker was out of date (which it was at the time) and then slow down to get behind me and pull me over.

extremely distracted driving imo, typing, while trying to read my license plate in his mirror at night.

now heres a story, was driving home from work mid October, at night, was car length behind a cruiser, he somehow managed to read, and type my plate number in his computer, to find out my sticker was out of date (which it was at the time) and then slow down to get behind me and pull me over.

extremely distracted driving imo, typing, while trying to read my license plate in his mirror at night.

LOL

I had the same thing today heading back from Owen sound. Any closer and he would of been classified as drafting. I said ok lets play. Put the cruise on and did right on the spot 80 km. I dont think he was impressed,but sucked to be him.LOL

The sad part is, that I can text on my flip phone without looking at it and on numerous trips to BOQ Terry has commented that he doesn't know how I can do that. MUCH less distracting than a group of ladies coming home from bingo and Mildred looking over the seat to talk to Josie in the back seat. I can and have, for over 29 years, talked on my cell phone with the ability to fully see what is going on around me and IMHO is in no way "distracted driving" just having a phone against your ear. That is like saying Mom couldn't keep track of your ass while talking on the wall phone. As for cops doing it, I suspect most times they're updating their facebook status or talking to their girlfriend, they sure aren't talking to dispatch. Followed a cruiser into town today, 3 "chevrons" off their bumper until we cleared Thomson Road at 105KPH... it's a 50 zone! Hope SHE got the hint as I flashed my highbeams and hit my right turn signal to go up the side street!

Edited by irishfield