New electricity rates

Tomcat

the "poster" certainly reeks of propaganda.

I already pointed that out on this thread.

The poster creator conveniently removed the part where the author of the quote stated that a wind turbine in in a good area reaches net benefit in year 3 (or less) on a 20 year plan.

You just have to do some reading on your own, and not accept the fear mongering propaganda that is being shown.

Good on you to sniff that out Sterling.

I too suspected a rat , so I did research it and if you go back to my original post #30, I included a link to snopes where it says the actual time to recoup the initial expense could under ideal conditions could be as soon as 3 years or in a worst case scenario never. I also posted a Amazon link to the book and author of the quote, later, he appears to be legitimately concerned with emissions . The turbine farm that I see frequently stands motionless for the most part, leading me to believe it may be of the latter variety. Also 4 of the 5 turbines in this farm , according to a local citizen's group are in violation of setback guidelines. You failed to quote my whole post to suit your views.

No problem Steve, I thought my original post was somewhat balanced, even though I dislike wind turbines, don't get me started on the cell phone towers that seem to litter the rural landscape as well , if it is not one it is the other going for a drive in the country anymore :wallbash:

Saw this recently, seems it is not too far from the truth

I'm not sure where these numbers come from but they seem to be off by a mile.. propaganda at its best.. the 300 tons of iron ore is misleading because you don't make steel from iron ore alone..scrap steel is required as well so when you factor in that some weight will be lost in the steelmaking process, the numbers still don't add up...

http://www.snopes.com/wind-idiot-power/

11537698_10155777002320650_7506449433017

Those words are cherry picked from a longer quote

'The concept of net energy must be applied to renewable sources of energy, such as windmills and photovoltaics. A two-megawatt windmill contains 260 tonnes of steel requiring 170 tonnes of coking coal and 300 tonnes of iron ore, all mined, transported and produced by hydrocarbons. The question is: how long must a windmill generate energy before it creates more energy than it took to build it? At a good wind site, the energy payback day could be in three years or less;in a poor location, energy payback may be never. That is, a windmill could spin until it falls apart and never generate as much energy as was invested in building it.

Clearly, the concept of net energy is crucial if we want to find a policy that will see us through the Energy Sustainability Dilemma."'

This Green Scheme is all a sham. Take a look at the environmental destruction that has and continues to take place world wide. Does any thinking person really believe we can stop this let alone reverse it? No "Chicken Little" but ask yourself realistically.

Its a redistribution of wealth and one by one the worlds once stable economies have and continue to fall. North America is the next casualty. So if you have your dirty little hands in this so called "Green Initiative", take our money but don't try to justify it by professing its to "help heal and/or save the planet for future generations" because you are a part of the problem and an active participant in the destruction of western economies.

investors play both sides and gain regardless and governments do their bidding while we quibble about whose right or wrong. One thing is certain and history proves it. Most of us ain't very bright and are easily led. Just depends on what is dangled in front of us in place of a carrot.

Edited by moxie