Morning Pike Report

mason05

Went out this morning bright and early to my local pike hole. It was a nice cool crisp morning and I was hoping not to get skunked two mornings in a row. Saw a couple pike jumping just off the south shoreline and started casting in that direction. I washed a few xraps and spinners for a half hour and decided to take a break and snap a quick shot of the shoreline.

gallery_292_41_25022.jpg

Glad I took my break because after switching up to a little cleo I got this little scrapper on my second cast.

gallery_292_41_544.jpg

Continued to work the little cleo and minutes later I hooked into this guy. Better fish than my first. Approximately 24".

gallery_292_41_58817.jpg

I stayed out for another hour or so but the sun was starting to hit the water hard. The bite turned off and I decided to call it a day. It was fun getting into a few and I enjoyed the nice morning.

Corn Nug

Guest Johnny Bass

Nice!!Sometimes the fish want to see something a little more natural looking!Good call. Shows you have good fisherman instinct.

CCMT - I remember reading a post of yours recently where you stated that you took a quick break to enjoy the view and moments later you or Bly hooked a fish. Sometimes you need to step back and survey the area before blindly tossing your lures out.

JB/GROG - My buds and I have got into pike in that area before using the good old wee cleo, in particular the blue/silver pattern. Floating shiners and large suckers has also been productive.

Corn Nug