Should have known the Carp would be off....

ccmtcanada

Bly went out last night and cleaned up at our spot last night!!! I then find out that Wolfville went this morning and did the same. I should have known there wouldn't be any fish left for me tonight...but I hadn't read his report yet!!! :D

Shortly after I got there, I somehow hooked into this monster as I was retrieving...checking my rig. My boilie was bigger than the fish....LOL

gallery_60_23_82492.jpg

I fished for more hours than I want to admit (about 6 hours) and only got one fish. The bite was slow from the get go....no line bumps, hardly any jumping carp at all tonight. It wasn't until 11pm that I landed this 34.5", 20 pound 6 ounce fishy.

gallery_60_23_49658.jpg

At least I didn't walk away with that skunk smell on me!! Instead, I walked away smelling of mosquito repellent....and fishy hands....LOL.

I'm instituting a new rule....I want 24 hours notice when Wolfville fishes at my local swim....I can plan to fish somewhere else....where there are still some fish left. :lol:

PS....Thanks for all who gave us some spots to try for panfish in the Haliburton area. As it turned out, our plans changed at the last minute and we were not able to fish this morning as originally planned!!!

Hey!

At least you're doing much better than the Mailman! :thumbsup_anim:

WTG Cliff I got the fury black Critter with white stripe but I was a hell of a netminder for my fsihing partner yesterday.

When GCD gets skunked he has to return to sender.(his wife the one who got rid of him for the day) :whistling:

:clapping: MTP

I'm instituting a new rule....I want 24 hours notice when Wolfville fishes at my local swim....I can plan to fish somewhere else....where there are still some fish left. :lol:

No need for 24 hr notice with Wolfville...With all the bait that he puts out there, you can't go wrong fishing it right after.

Nice fish

Give the poor Carp a rest, now Cliff, and go back to Catching those big Walleyes.

We've been checking our Walleye spots...and NADA!! The are not in close where we can catch them yet....I'm hoping that they do cruise by, or else they'll be heading deep into the lake as the waters warm.

At least we have the fall to look forward too for them!! In the meantime, we'll be wettin some lines up at Lakair...and have a few trips planned with some board members....we'll be busy this summer that's for sure!

one fish isn't a bad day :P ... and it's a 20+ too!

was that a carp in your first pic?

Nope...not a carp...it was a bait fish that was in the area.

No need for 24 hr notice with Wolfville...With all the bait that he puts out there, you can't go wrong fishing it right after.

Nice fish

Well then I should have caught more fish....I figure that they were too well fed and too full to bite!! LOL

Actually, I prepared a full busket of cooked/soaked maize and amazed afterward that I used probably less than 10%. I slingshot probably 5 times out in total. The main reason was that the fishing was slow at the beginning.... I didn't want to over-chum it. Then the action picked up and I had to leave soon.....

BTW, I didn't keep any of the fish in case some of you wondered. But I gave a boilie to the pike fisherman and within 10 minutes I saw him fighting a carp.... maybe ....just kidding. But with just ONE boilie that's been in my bag for about 1 year and he caught fish, I don't know why I was skunked for a week before yesterday....I think that's the PHOTOZ syndrom LOL

Cliff, hereby I am giving you the notice that I might be fishing your spot tomorrow around noon. And please kindly grant me permission ;-) I promise I will get skunked tomorrow so tomorrow night you'll have a good outing ;-)

Cliff, hereby I am giving you the notice that I might be fishing your spot tomorrow around noon. And please kindly grant me permission ;-) I promise I will get skunked tomorrow so tomorrow night you'll have a good outing ;-)

LOL...that is too funny. For the record, you dont need my permission to fish there. Once I tell you the spot, go as often as you like. I just asked that you let me know WHEN you fish there so I'll know if it's even worth going later...haha.

I'm very happy the spot produced for you...good luck tomorrow!! And hopefully we can meet up there one evening or weekend.