Report/Pics: unspeckled trout trip

adolson

Definitely not splake...Also, the regs regarding auroras (aka stocked color variations of brook trout!) are outrageously stupid.

not unlike the Atlantic Salmon regs in Quebec in Gaspe Bay, 2 and done, C&R only, say you pay for OoP license, then pay the money for the lottery system to fish certain pools, thinks its like $100/day per pool, arrive at 630, land 2 fish by 7, and you are done for the day

Looks like an Aurora to me.

Congrats on catching a couple of those cool little trout.

A few years back MNR accidentally stocked aurora fingerlings in a speck lake.

Can only assume you guys where fishing it, in which case there's no problems since the stocking lists clearly states that brook trout stocked lake regulations apply to it.

BTW lots of fun rules regarding the Aurora trout and their lakes. Reminds me of playing card games with my cousin, he made them up as we played. If its not in the regs its probably its probably not a rule. (check with MNR when in doubt)

Edited by Selfmade05

There are 9 lakes in total that contain Aurora Trout, and yes, those are Auroras, even though they aren't brightly coloured up

http://www.brooktrout.ca/open-lakes-for-aurora-trout.htm

There are more than 9 lakes that contain auroras. There are 9 that they rotate, plus I believe three that are continual sanctuaries. And obviously the lake I caught these in, which is none of those.

I'm pretty familiar with the aurora lore... I've been trying for 4 years now. They weren't supposed to be in this lake.

• 3 months later...