Roof racks

leaf4

Looking into swapping my scanoe out for a feelfree lure 11.5 at the end of this season or early next season, so looking into accessories and wondering if anyone's got input on cost effective and ease of use accessories, currently for my canoe I just use tie downs and 2x4's with neoprene and it works perfectly but with a kayak I know I'll need something else.

I have a 2011 Hyundai Tucson and it has factory rails but looking on kijiji has given me zilch and at least in the preliminary looking for a crossbar and j rack could cost me close to $500 after shipping, so being located in Hamilton does anyone know anywhere in the gta that will be able to set me up?

Any other input is always welcome too!

I bought my crossbars online for my Honda Pilot.

When I got my yak I purchased as set of Malone Saddle Up Pro kayak saddles that fit on my Honda cross bars.

Got them off Amazon while I was in the US last year.

http://www.maloneautoracks.com/saddle-up-pro.php

Had a set of the J racks and didn't like them. They kept coming loose on my bars and almost fell off on the interstate because of it.

Edited by DRIFTER_016

for my scanoe I use to use 2 2x4s bolted down to the roof rack with u bolts. It may have not looked pretty but it worked perfectly for about 5 years with never an issue. It cost me about 20 bucks for wood and hardware and 2 bucks for pool noodle for some padding. That was way better then 300 bucks for a crossbars for my sv6. They should work for a kayak also,maybe with a notched out padded support .

Edited by bowslayer