Boat trailer tire uneven wear

alexw

Maybe someone ca help me out here.

My tires are wearing in both edges super quickly. Has always done it. I keep them at the recommended 50psi.

I am thinking I should move to a trial tire as I do get flat spots if it sits for a while. I thought maybe this was causing my problem?????? I barely get two seasons out of them - likely about 15,000km max.

After reading all the talk about tires, bearings etc, I thought I'd check the extra bearings and seals I had stored in the boat - glad I did - the bearings were rusty and useless - then I figured that I'll get a whole hub assembly for the trailer and have that along just in case - to do I needed to measure the bolt circle so the tires fit - thought the easiest way would be to drop the spare that was bolted under the boat - well I couldn't get the 1/2 inch bolts holding the spare on to the trailer loose - tried and tired - just couldn't budge the nuts - ended up having to heat the nuts with a torch - finally got the spare off -

So here I'm towing the boat all over the place thinking I'm ok - if I had a flat and needed the spare there was no way that I could have gotten it off the trailer - boy you can't be careful enough -

well I couldn't get the 1/2 inch bolts holding the spare on to the trailer loose

Good idea to loosen those wheel lugs at least once a year and re-torque them just so you know they'll loosen up when you need them to.

Lucky you found out now rather than on the side of the hiway.