Boat crash on Simcoe

kickingfrog

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/2015/09/15/barrie-police-looking-for-help

A collision between two boats on Kempenfelt Bay has Barrie police looking for a vessel that left the scene of the crash.

The collision took place just after 9 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 5 and two people received non-life-threatening injuries. They were taken to Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre.

City police arrived just after 9:30 p.m. and officers were told about a vessel that failed to remain at the crash scene.

Police have identified several witnesses with information about the collision.

Anyone who was in the area or has information about this incident is asked to call Const. Langdon from the traffic unit at 705-725-7025, extension 2912 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477, or leave an anonymous tip at www.tipsubmit.com, occurrence #BA1504403.

Edited by kickingfrog

Could be neither too....could be a lot of things. Could also be we're jumping to conclusions. Would have been dark at 9pm, visibility and lights may have had a role to play too. Why not wait to see what the investigation reveals.

No need to wait for the investigation, when i know it was drugs or booze. Didn't realize this wasn't a place for speculation,sorry.

G

There has been for some reason, a lot of boats anchoring this summer out in the bay. There,s not much description of what happen. Like you said, it gets dark fast now. Maybe someone forgot to put their lights on. Wont know until they are done the investigation.

Why they took off, who knows as well. To many things it could of been.

Edited by Brian B

Maybe you should turn yourself in then if you're that sure of all the details....

G

There has been for some reason, a lot of boats anchoring this summer out in the bay. There,s not much description of what happen. Like you said, it gets dark fast now. Maybe someone forgot to put their lights on. Wont know until they are done the investigation.

Why they took off, who knows as well. To many things it could of been.

Ok, it could of been caused by hundreds of different things, but what is most probable? Why would someone flee the scene, no licence, stolen, scared, drugs and alcohol. Is what I believe to cover most of the reasonable reasons why someone would flee. I'd also like to say I should of used more precise langue. Instead of saying it had to be booze or drugs I should of said it was most likely a factor. I won't go into why I think drugs and booze most likely played a role. One because I think it is fairly logical and a little lengthy to type out.

I also feel the need to address what seems to me like an unwavering faith in our authorities abilities. It appears to me that you assume an investigation will bring all details of this incident to light. I find that sentiment flawed, despite its endearing and commendable nature.

The reason for this is firstly, they may not find the persons responsible (I think they will). Secondly, however noble and beyond reproach our investigators happen to be; I struggle to see how they will be able to prove that drugs and alcohol were a factor.

Please feel free to point out the holes in my logic,great way to improve.

There are a couple of things to factor that were not let out to the public. Were they both moving? Did both have lights on ? Was one parked and the other hit it? Did one not have their lights on ?

When it comes to the booze factor 2 beers, that's all it takes to blow a machine. If the person was just relaxing and made a mistake, with as little as 2 drinks in them, it may be why they took off. By booze I did not mean automatically smashed. Just someone who thought they were having a god time.

I have not heard any follow up on this story yet.

No need to be a know it all smarta$$

Could be neither too....could be a lot of things. Could also be we're jumping to conclusions. Would have been dark at 9pm, visibility and lights may have had a role to play too. Why not wait to see what the investigation reveals.

It's true , my post wasn't the most productive i've made. G.mech's post did rub me the wrong way, for various reasons. Justifiably, I'm not sure. Anyways, I will try to make my post a little more productive or at least more productive in the future.

It's true , my post wasn't the most productive i've made. G.mech's post did rub me the wrong way, for various reasons. Justifiably, I'm not sure. Anyways, I will try to make my post a little more productive or at least more productive in the future.

Ive been there... Ha ha. You are probably right in your original post, but there are enough people out there that are just plain stupid ( without drugs or alcohol to impair judgement)