Burbot through the ice

MistyHollow

I know its early yet, but have been thinking of taking my 3 littles out a couple of times to target burbot this winter. For perch, walleye, lakers, and pike I have areas that are known. I have never purposely targeted burbot before. Not looking for gps co ordinates, but can anyone point me in the right direction, or does anyone know of an outfitter targeting this species.

Thanks, Dan

Long haul? Just bait your holes with chunks of dead bait close to dark. Typically they will come out just after the walleye bite has subsided right after dusk. They are like Lakers, you'll catch them anywhere and everywhere and are very aggressive during the winter. No idea where you live, but Nipissing and the Ottawa river are two definite productive bodies of water.

Caught them on Lake Of Bays during the day targeting whitefish. Non-stop action one day. NIpissing is another lake where you can catch them. I think Bernard too, but I can't seem to recall if we caught them there or not. I can't say I know how to target them, they were always incidental catches. Most people suggest fishing at dusk/night though using dead minnows or liver etc...

Jig and a worm or minnow deadsticked at night.

Be sure to jig it everyfew minutes because they are hard to detect.

If ya dont check your line for 20mins you might have had one on for 20 mins lol

Oh and they love to wrap your line around themselves a 1000 times, fun!

Ill only fish them in a heated hut. They will be anywhere the walleyes are in my experience