frenchman's bay

Cloudy15

Get yourself a couple of glow in the dark Little Cleo's, a good strong flashlight and hit the channel. Hit the Cleo with the flashlight for ten seconds and cast and retrieve. Husky Jerk or even a Flatfish should entice a bite.

All that said, be sure that your equipment is in top shape, cause after all that time fishin and limited catchin, I'd sure hate to see you get spooled when a spotted carp grabs that Cleo. Definitely a learning experience the first time that happens! LOL

HH

I have pictured myself running to the end the pier to avoid being spooled. I am pretty sure I have one of the glow in the dark cleo's around somewhere. Sounds like a need to spend some time fishing a little higher up in the water column as well. Two rods it is, next time.

have you had any luck i am thinking of trying there tonight

I went the last two nights around 12:00 am, and once last week. Considering going every night until I catch something. Been drop shotting mostly, tossed a spoon around last night, might try a big jerk bait tonight.

Like I said do not give up and wait for the bait to come in should be in the next few weeks !! And fish it right into the late fall/ early winter ..... With what I said in the above post

Even cast a xrap ghost color jerkbait and a few various cranks both floating and medium divers

No quit is this dog, I need to catch something in the Channel, even if its just a perch. What do you think about this idea? I have heard of people drop shotting for suspended small mouth in the fall with the bait well off the bottom. I was thinking of trying to mimic this technique by using a float with the drop shop setup to keep my bait vertical. Problem tho, how will I cast with ten ft of line.

Anyways as we get deeper into fall, I thought I should be slowing down my presentation to a crawl ???

Again thanks for the pointers and encouragement, I will catch something:)

Fished a lot there back 20 - 35 years ago. Found walking along channel from north - south - north while pulling a RattlinRap or curly tail jig right tight to metal side or bank produced small bass. Needed to be tipped with worm always. Get some worms. Can always get a few bullhead by hook/worm and a few splitshot thrown out there 'til you get a bite.

Fished a lot there back 20 - 35 years ago. Found walking along channel from north - south - north while pulling a RattlinRap or curly tail jig right tight to metal side or bank produced small bass. Needed to be tipped with worm always. Get some worms. Can always get a few bullhead by hook/worm and a few splitshot thrown out there 'til you get a bite.

Thanks for the tip. I am pretty sure they have the part you are talking about fenced in and covered with no trespassing signs. not sure why.