Last Minute Camping/ Fishing/ Family desitination?

wask

Hey guys, we are in the last minute crazy search for a place to camp this weekend (Thurs check in - our Monday).

Looking for a place with camping (powered as a bonus) a beach for the kids to swim and preferably some smaller water for my small 12 foot boat and some fishing.

Parks Ontario is pretty jammed up but I know there is a ton of knowledge around here to I thought you guys might know some campgrounds where I might find some availability.

Thanks in advance as always.

Edited by Wask

Wouldn't hurt to try presqu'ile provincial park as well.....( just down the road from me ) huge beaches and a boat launch just outside the park.... 5.00 to launch and park.

I see they have several non reservable sites available....

G

Edited by Gerritt

Point Farms Provincial Park is one of my favorites. Not too far (2.5 hours),nice beach and the friendliest park I have ever camped at. We were there 2 weeks ago and the watersof lake huron was nice and warm for swimming.

Goderich is right around the corner with all the amenities of a bigger city and they have a boat launch there at the marina.

If you leave home early morning like 7 am or so, you should be able to get into their first come first served site. 17-18-34-35 are good sites and the comfort station there is brand new.

Edited by huzzsaba

according to ontario parks both sharbot lake and silver lake have sites available for this weekend and both will fill your needs for beach,boating and fishing. You could also travel up to north bay area several parks around there have sites,martin river,restoule,mikisew,grundy,driftwood and champlain