Scammers/scoundrels/looser

dhickey

This is a warning to all looking to have renovations on their homes or properties.

I have had the displeasure of running into this person.

He goes by the name of Mike on the internet but as far as I can find his real name is Lee?

I live and work in this region and have never met him before.

He promotes himself as a flooring/finishing contractor/general contractor.

HE IS NOT!!

His work is sub standard to say the least.

Lee contacted me in order to help him out for 2 days for a set price .

I made the mistake of helping him out on a reno for 2 days outside of Shelburn he now owes me 1000$ and he is past due with no response from him for ten days.

The owner of the house has now taken me on to fix a 4 page deficiency list as well as to finish Lee's contract obligations.

I have put out the word on him and have found info on him .

NONE of it is good.

3 Job sites incomplete .

He takes a deposit gets the customer to pay for equipment and works for a day or two and gone .

I have also found out that he does not pay the labourers as well.

This guy is in need of a lesson in the back field!!!!

Don.

Is there a company name

No company name seems to come up.

He runs on cash deals preying on the middle class looking for a low price.

His name is Lee I cant seem to get a last name yet.

Crap like that burns my ass... Give good contractors a bad name.... How you find him Don

Found him through Kijiji I know what you are thinking but I have used it on a few occasions and never had a problem this time I may have let my guard down.

On the bright side after putting the hunt on him I got a call today letting me know where he was plus more .

I payed him a visit and filled him in.

It's still a tight small community up here.

Let him know that he just tried to screw the wrong guy and that I had found out where his sites are/who his customers are as well as other sub trades.

So he ran the same crap in Brampton and probably thinks he is hiding in Mullmer /renting

Said he would come up with half of what he owes me on Friday and the other 5 next week.????

Edited by saltydawg

There isn't enough time to tell all the stories of the scammers I have come across in this type of business. The construction business in this Province is too lax. A guy wants money all he has to do is throw a skill Saw in the back of a truck, stick a pencil behind his ear and stick a Blue Tooth behind the other ear and he's a "contractor" in Ontario.

One the worse was a guy that couldn't read a tape or calculate square footage and I walk into Homeless Despot and he's giving a seminar one Saturday AM.

I wish you the best of luck with this slime bag. A rock can't bleed.

There isn't enough time to tell all the stories of the scammers I have come across in this type of business. The construction business in this Province is too lax. A guy wants money all he has to do is throw a skill Saw in the back of a truck, stick a pencil behind his ear and stick a Blue Tooth behind the other ear and he's a "contractor" in Ontario.

One the worse was a guy that couldn't read a tape or calculate square footage and I walk into Homeless Despot and he's giving a seminar one Saturday AM.

I wish you the best of luck with this slime bag. A rock can't bleed.

Rocks don't bleed but they can be crushed ....

Contractors today have wrongly been lumped in with the old " used car salesman" warning because of these scammer slime bags. I know some great used car salesmen too that don't deserve the stigma as well.

Is it contrary to policy here to name names? I wouldn't have a problem naming names Saltydog. The truth is the truth, bury the goof, not in a hole.

Edited by Old Ironmaker