Poison Ivy - NF

Nemo

Just went out and took a few shots of stuff that grows in the yard. It comes in many shapes and forms...some as tall as 4 feet at times...and i'm not talking about the stuff in the first picture...just the poison ivy! LOL

And before I find a wack of pickers in the yard...that's hemp.. missing the secret ingrediant unfortunately or I'd be much wealthier! :D

Guest gbfisher

Nasty nasty stuff. I knew Irishfield would have a few shots....right close....lol

Edited by gbfisher

Thanks fellas. I figgered it was PI. Tons of it too.

Very nasty if your sensitive to it.

Corn Nug great trip but see the Superstition thread. Got some great pics but there were no fish in them.

Water temps were amazing mid seventies at the surface. Swam every day..

The bugs wow..zzzzzzzzz

I'll try to post some pics soon.

If you are clearing brush with PI in it, don't burn it whatever you do. The irritant oil gets airborn and if you breathe some of the smoke into your lungs, you gotta whole world of hurt ahead of you.

I'm very sensitive to the stuff and when I was a kid, could have added some photos to that gallery. Now, I keep antihistimines and cortisone cream handy. If it's more than just a few blisters, I go to the doc for prednisone pills. Clears it up in a day, with relief from the crazy itching in just a few hours.

Just a little unsolicited advice . . . . when in the Niagara Gorge, and Mother Nature calls, DO NOT, I repeat . . . DO NOT use the nice 3 leafed toilet paper provided, that grows everywhere. It's VERY embarassing to have to got to the Emergency ward of the nearest hospital at 03:00 and explain how this happened. I'll say one thing for the people there though, they tried REALLY hard not to grin while applying an anti-histimene lotion to the SEVERELY affected area!

I`m one of the lucky ones... I could roll around in the stuff all day and not so much as a scratch... Even rubbed it on my arm when a friend said it was impossible to not be allergic... Not that I`d want to try what Photoz did ... OUCH