Outdoors card and finishing license expiry ?

woodenboater

Hey All,

searched the forum and didn't find anything so here I is.

Trying to determine when my outdoors card and 3 year fishing license expire. Is there a numbering convention on the card that signifies this ? The last numbers on my card are 14 so can I presume this is the year it expired ? I lost track of when I got it and the MNR page wasn't much help either. I just want to be legal ;)

tia

edit-that would be FISHING, not finishing...dumb spell check. can a mod correct this mistake cuz I can't haha thx

Edited by woodenboater

damn, gotta fork over some more dough...grrr. if it is, printed, it's not clear but now that I know the last two numbers = expiry year I shld remember that. hopefully

thanks !

Does it have something to the effect of 'Expires Dec 31,' and the french equivalent in small print directly above the 14?

I checked my card and it has the expiration date on both the front and back of the card. The new cards look a lot different than the old ones but I don't remember having any difficulty finding an expiry date on my older cards either.

just below "expires dec 31" is 14. would be nice to add '20' in front of that. but maybe it's their plan to catch people with unknowingly expired cards lol

Do you have a bunch of expired credit cards in your wallet as well?

I just don't see why they even bother with the stupid new cards. At least the old ones looked cool, and you put the tags on them. Now you don't put the tag on them and they don't look good and a made of crap.

I carry the temporary yellow waterproof outdoors card I got in person at Canadian Tire and my printed online license tag for this calendar year cut down for my wallet. I use a phone case to hold a drivers license, debit, credit and a couple other cards. Cutting down on a card is great considering you need the card and the tag anyway nowadays.

Keeping the fishing license down to a water proof piece of paper is fine. I would pay $5 dollars more for the picture of the walleye again though....

• 2 weeks later...