Tapping and Muding Cost? (NF)

Entropy

Pricing is normally based upon square footage of board.... And there is a big difference... you'll pay more for a small job then a larger one. The more Sqf the lower the price per Sqf.

Not sure where you live, as there is a market for decent tapers....but a good taper is worth his weight in gold.

G

Pretty small job. Not knowing the layout, I would estimate 400-600..... Not worth it for a professional fulltime taper otherwise.... And if you did find one, this would more then likely be a side job. And would be taped in a weekend, sanded the following weekend..... ( good tapers should barely have to sand at all)

Where are you located? If in the Hamilton area I know of a couple of guys that might be willing to offer assistance.

G

150sqr ft 7 ft walls, 9 x 16ish room

Are you talking 150 sq' of floor space or wall space? I think the wall space would be ~350 sq' based on your dimensions and assuming that you need all four walls done.

Edited by JohnBacon

I have a buddy who is a prò taper. Hes in bowmanville. Im not sure he would be interested, but I could pass along his info if you'd like.

Hes also a hardcore fisherman.

Pm if your interested. He is an excellent taper, best I know.

S.

honestly taper is gonna have to see how the board is installed to give you a price us rookies can cause them headaches lol

This ^

Unnessary butt joints, improper board installation(flats on walls smaller than 4') and many other things generally brings the price up. I recently taped a place that had 3 to 4 butts per run, could have easily been done with 12' sheets and 1 or 2 less butts per run. Had to charge more for this based on lack of knowledge from the board installers.

I find myself taping more and more these days, but am mainly a framer and a boardman. Hate when people call me to tape up a board mess. Generally refuse/turn down jobs because of that.