Handheld GPS

Hey everyone. I am looking to buy a new handheld GPS. I am looking to see what everyone recommends. I will be using it for fishing mostly so I was thinking maybe a garmin as they have the inland lake maps for ontario.

Anybody have any feedback on the units you guys are using. Any info is much appreciated.

I have a garmin Dakota 20. It's a great unit, but the screen is a little small. I use it mainly for hunting and it works great, is super easy to use and is touch screen. I do take it in the boat as a backup pretty often. I managed to snag one of those navionics beta test chips for garmin, and it's pretty cool cause I have maps loaded onto the GPS, but I can switch between them and the navionics chip. It's not what I'd want for my main navigation screen though. I'd try to go a size up in screen if the budget allows.

I use a GPSMap 62s. Great little unit.

The 62 series from Garmin are great units: super accurate in a wide range of conditions. I have had mixed results with touch screens on handheld GPS.

X2

I also have a 62s…..great little unit, more features than i'll ever use. They come with next to no instructions….so Youtube is your friend!