For The Maple Syrup Men Here... (nf)

Moosebunk

Down the road from our place is Wheelers Maple Sugar Bush & Pancake House. The girls really enjoy breakfast there so we stopped in today. I hadn't checked out their Heritage Museum and still really haven't yet. Although, today Bren dragged me into one part of it where I had the chance to look over 100's of chainsaws and a few other things. Some of the chainsaws we found dated back to the 40's, and some were so big they had to be a couple 100 pounds a piece. Anyways, thinking how a few OFC'ers might like this too, with the phone I snapped some pics.

For those not familiar with Wheelers, they are in the Guinness Book of World Records due to having the MOST maple syrup artifacts found in one place in this world. If driving up around MacDonald's Corners outside of Lanark, I'd recommend the "Canadian or Highland" breakfast and a look around.

http://www.wheelersmaple.com/museum/

Summer15-009_zpsh8jutind.jpg

Summer15-010_zpsoxwl71ch.jpg

SUmmer15-011_zpscwnuhxyd.jpg

Summer15-012_zpsxyporb21.jpg

Summer15-013_zpspu1rqpbs.jpg

Summer15-014_zpsxxy6tlpe.jpg

Summer15-015_zpso3zrl7zp.jpg

Summer15-016_zpsln1tn2h3.jpg

Anyhow, there was another couple buildings, plus the trails, plus the main lodge, making for plenty more to see.

Bunk

I was in there this past season. By far the best pancakes (huge) and custom made sausages of any place. And lots of syrup on the tables. Best of all they're open all year long. I finally talked my whole family into visiting this year and everyone was impressed. The main lodge is impressive too. They rent it out for events as well.

http://www.wheelersmaple.com/

Cheers