Baptiste Lake

Sebabmw

Hey guys, have a cottage booked on Baptiste lake 2nd week of July for a week, have never fished this lake before usually head past to barrys bay to kamaniskeg,so I am very excited to explore a new body of water,not asking for specific spots but any tips would be great , looking to fish for some buckets and smalles and some Walters, any feedback would be great! Also been reading the lake had some muskie? Anyways if anyone has any experience would love to hear back from you!

It used to be a pretty good muskie lake before the pike arrived. There are probably still a few left, but pike and bass are the main game fish now. There are also a few walleye and some lake trout; check for slot size on the latter.

Do you know where on the lake the cottage is located?

I have had a lot of luck with Len Thomson 5-O-Diamonds for pike. I have also had luck with spinner baits, husky jerks, rattle spots, jigs for pike and bass.

Lots if great bass water there !!! Bring your top water game !!!! We did really well there last summer on largies !!!! Nice docks in the lower side to fish smallies !!!! Elephant lake was good too just fish the junk for sure !!!! And yes the 20-30 inch pike will destroy a few of your frogs & baits so bring extra !!!! Lol

We rented a cottage there a few years ago, caught alot of bass, some perch and pike. I did have a musky follow and we marked what we assume was the lake trout they talked about in the deeper waters, but did not fish for them. Be wary of stumps. We found there were alot of stumps just below the water level that could do a number on your prop!

Good luck!

I havent fished baptiste for quite a few years, but the pike in elephant lake are crazy. I havent caught a musky there for years, but there are supposed to still be a few around, and they're big ones, still left from before the pike got in. No problem to catch a dozen pike in a few hours fishing. We used to catch a lot of muskies in there!! Walleye are hard to get, but we still get the odd one now aand then casting spinnerbait in the cabbage. Bass are aa dime a dozen, I dont ever target them, but catch lots fishing musky/pike.

S.

I'm sitting at Baptiste right now reading this... I spend way to much time here. Some good advice has been given here. There aren't so many Musky any more, LOTS of pike though.....

Elephant is jammed with pike and bass as well.

Thanks for all the great info everyone , this is great! Getting pumped to get out there , not a big fan of pike but do love my bass fishing and maybe if all goes will get into a muskie or 2! Seems there is a lot of water to explore so will be a great experience as I generally don't fish that lake, always enjoy a good challenge, tight lines everyone and thanks again