Restoule PP

spincast

Heading up for a couple days of R&R and quality time. I have been before, but never fished Stormy or Clear lakes, and hoping to give at least one of them a try when we are up there- any one care to share some ideas? areas to try, or avoid with a 18 footer? PMs greatly appreciated

Restoule camp ground is pretty decent but the government boat launch in town is better than the one in the PP.

I've heard on good authority that the fishing is better in Stormy (more structure) but I'm not sure about the launch... would be interested to find out tho..

One note, my navionics chip didn't have a chart for either lake..

Stormy launch is great. The Restoule PP launches aren't worth a darn. As mentioned, use the launch in Restoule. It's off, wait for it.... Government dock road lol. I've had good success in both Stormy and Restoule, but you need to put some time in. I only do well when I don't have kids in the boat. A day trip to North bay is worthwhile depending how long you are there. Worm harnesses trolled slow will keep the kids entertained, tough to find keepers though. Great launch off Premier road right in town. Have fun.

Edited by porkpie

spincast if you want to pm me I can answer your questions and help you out. I have been camping and fishing at restoule for 27 years. I am going for a week in July and a week in august. there is a good ramp in the park in Bells area and the ramp at Stormy is very good.

Edited by bowslayer

spincast if you want to pm me I can answer your questions and help you out. I have been camping and fishing at restoule for 27 years. I am going for a week in July and a week in august. there is a good ramp in the park in Bells area and the ramp at Stormy is very good.

I'll do that, thanks!