Found my boat!

HTHM

super sweet, does it have the full stand up top ?

I don't know yet. I haven't opened it up yet, but based on the rods I see I would have to say no. Besides, I don't think they can make ME a STAND UP top. I'm bigger than your average bear.

Congrats Albert, excellent looking rig!

Not an Ally, but SWMBO said I had to get an "Opa" boat. Suitable for grandkids. *sigh*

I don't know yet. I haven't opened it up yet, but based on the rods I see I would have to say no. Besides, I don't think they can make ME a STAND UP top. I'm bigger than your average bear.

Not an Ally, but SWMBO said I had to get an "Opa" boat. Suitable for grandkids. *sigh*

Lol, was it oma?

I don't get your last comment. Too many acronyms for me, English please. I understands the "Opa". But the rest, Greek to a mere mortal older guy.

As for transom savers pros and cons. I can swap out a lower unit in a few hours myself but wouldn't know where to start to repair a transom. I'll stick to using mine, especially with the added weight of a kicker. I have read that major damage can be done if the winch strap breaks suddenly or slack gets tightened up and all the weight of the rig is transferred to the bottom end. Yes that can happen. I recently saw a tip from Charlie Wray where he put a second clip from the chain to the bow cleat so the chain will not move a mm if the strap lets go. 3 bucks latter I have done the same thing.