Credit Card Theft-NF

Credit cards are the devil. If you need to put it on credit, you don't need it.

S.

Not necessarily, if you only buy stuff with credit which you were going to pay for cash anyway, and then pay it off right away, its a great way to build credit rating, its when you go over your expendable income when you get into trouble.

for example, if you're buying something for $200, and have the cash readily available, then use your card, and pay it off immediately

The attitude that we don't pay for the fraud so it doesn't matter is what the banks are counting on, to keep us as customers. Anyone with half a brain already wouldn't trust any banker further than they could throw them. If we sat down and absorbed how friggin incompetent they are with security we would probably never spend another dime without going to get it in person from the bank. LIke we had to 25 years ago.

Remember those payday lineups just to get a bit of coin for a box of beer, before debit cards and direct deposit. If we went back to that how would they outsource 90% of the service jobs at a financial institution oversees. So they want to avoid that outcome at all costs. LOL

The last time I had a card compromised, I discovered it about 20 minutes after the perp had purchased 680.00 dollars worth of software on steam... When I immediately called my CC provider, the guy I talked to seemed very alarmed that I had NOTICED something was wrong, before they could erase it. He was even more upset that I knew where and when the money was spent. He said they had just flagged the account and were reversing the charges and mailing me a new card.

I got the distinct impression if I had not of seen the charges, they would have just cancelled my card called me the next day, and sent me out a new card, without telling me anything more.... I asked him if there was anything they could see that I should have done differently and he said NOT to worry it wasn't my problem and they were going to fix everything. Sure but eventually we all know they are going to get that money back in higher service charges/interest... or they will cut back on perks they "give" away.

My wife is a bank manager and both my kids work for the bank. You are so far out to lunch that it really doesn't even warrant a response. But I will respond. Bank fraud is real and at a "Branch" basis they have no control. PM me if you wanna chat. But stop painting bankers as the bad guys if you really have no clue.

Unfortunately, gas and restaurants are probably the highest risk places to use your credit card.

Pay at the pump should be fine; it's when you lose sight of your credit card that it gets comprimised.

Pay at the pump can be comprised as well. The card can be skimmed if a card reader has been changed or tampered with. That's how my debit card was compromised

My wife is a bank manager and both my kids work for the bank. You are so far out to lunch that it really doesn't even warrant a response. But I will respond. Bank fraud is real and at a "Branch" basis they have no control. PM me if you wanna chat. But stop painting bankers as the bad guys if you really have no clue.

Sorry you take things so personally... I wasn't intending to insult YOUR family of financial workers. Interesting that you immediately lashed out with personal insults though...

That being said I am quite happy to be out to lunch with about 95% of the world with my view on banks and their practices. Now if we could just get the government to bail us out for the meal that would be nice LOL.

Edited by Canuck2fan