Finally got the boat finished...now where r dem walters?

limeyangler

Hi all,

Finally got round to rebuilding and re-carpeting the floors and casting deck on my old tinny, had to rebuild the trolling motor mount too. Also banged in around a thousand rivets and re-varnished the bench seats while i was at it. Took 2 weeks of farting around and 200 trips to Canadian Tire, but finally got her done and hit a smallish lake 5 minutes from town for some walleye fun on Saturday morning. Worked out perfectly for the fish fry that afternoon at our place, and the boat hardly leaks at all now!

Edited by limeyangler

You love your deep jigging eh...boat looks great and it looks like the fish didn't go anywhere while you were down and out.

LOL…yup, I am a bit early on that lake though, they were still mostly in the 17' to 8' range. The ones that were in deeper water tended to be suspended half way up the water column.

nice job on the restore. that first eye is a beaut

Thanks, still not done completely but the urge to fish and the fact I have an effective bilge pump trumped being patient and doing more tedious work. Next year!LOLOL.

Great video, Simon. You did a super job on the boat refurb as well. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Roy, more to come. I have actually started to pay a little bit more attention to my Youtube account other than just a means to host videos, turns out I could have been making money on them for years…lol.

Thanks for that, very cool video...especially seeing the fish on the sonar screen. Definitely my favourite method for catching Walleye(or any fish for that matter), soooo much fun!

I call it 'X-Box' fishing.

That was a great video! Seeing fish on the screen adds a whole new level on excitement. Thanks for sharing.

Oh and the "200 trips to Canadian Tire" comment was perfect. Been there!!

lol "been there" 200 times!

Great vid Simon. Like the work you did on the tinner.

Started to laugh at the up they come, then back they go down. See lots of that here. LOL Frustrating yes, but fun none the less.

Thanks for sharing.

Sometimes its almost better to know they aint there!