Apisabigo Lake The return Trip

RickOnt

I don't have many pics as my camera died but I will add what I have and when I get the pics from my fishing partners I will add a couple My buddy has a great pic of a moose.

We fished Apisabigo in 2014 and had a great trip, caught lots of Walleye with the biggest at 29"

Posted Image

Last year we went in May 29 and with the late ice out the water was very cold. So this year we booked June 6 and it was about perfect!!!!

This year AirDale is using Watson's Skyways out of Wawa for their flying. An extremely efficient company and a pleasure to fly with,

We were scheduled for a 9am flight we arrived at the airbase at 8, I said to the dock lad we are a little early. He replied back your truck in here and we will get your gear weighed. We were weighed, loaded on plane and in the air at 9:20

On our return flight we were to be picked up at 10 am the Otter touched down at 10:02

I must add we had perfect weather for our flight days, Sunny and light winds

Watsons Otter

Posted Image

The fishing was amazing we caught more small fish this year, as many 14 - 17 inchers as you could possibly want, but also got into some big ones.

My 28 1/2 incher was the biggest

Posted Image

My buddy Pat got a 27" which I do not have a picture of Also a bunch from 22-25 inches

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A double header

Posted Image

Shore   Lunch

Posted Image

As for Pike Well there was an unlimited number of mid 20 inch fish, Just cast or troll the shoreline and you will be busy unhooking Pike. My fishing partner did get a thick 37 incher that was our biggest.

One tactic that was lethal on the smaller Walleye was on days with blue bird skies and glass smooth water when the points and shoals that produced so well in the evening were slow   We moved deeper into 32FOw and vertical jigged with a worm, It was like ice fishing for Perch there were loads of fish and you could barely get the jig to the bottom without having a bite.

And a huge big thank you to Martin and Jenn of OutPostCamps.com It was a pleasure to vacation with you once again

Cheers
Rick

Yes Mike 'anticipation' Big time After I had to cancel out of a trip in Sept due to hip surgery and four months later I had knee surgery To say I was pumped is an understatement!!!

Joey Lots of quality fish It was 'fun'

Julian That is a Canadian thing!! LOL But I think I am dating myself with an aluminum Easton

Chris Not sure where Yet As much as I have enjoyed Apisabigo There are too many other great spots, I am in search mode right now.

Sylvan That one was not caught in the back bay but my buddy got his 27 incher in there!!

Nice looking walleyes there Rick looks like you boys had a great trip that lake was on my radar for my up and coming annual September fly in unfortunately Martin only offers a few outpost camps now where he is willing to fly two guys in Which are Abbey Lake and Anjigaming I have already fished those two lakes anyway thanks for the report and great photos.

Cheers Mitch

Nice looking walleyes there Rick looks like you boys had a great trip that lake was on my radar for my up and coming annual September fly in unfortunately Martin only offers a few outpost camps now where he is willing to fly two guys in Which are Abbey Lake and Anjigaming I have already fished those two lakes anyway thanks for the report and great photos.

Cheers Mitch

Might be worth checking out Buck & Bingwood, Twin Lakes or White River Air if you haven't already booked

I always thought this 2-man super light special from 7 Lakes Wilderness Camps was interesting as well [which I am too fat to do!].

Edited by adempsey