anybody from Ear Falls or area here?

iFish4real

was wondering if anybody here is from Ear Falls or area.

I could possibly be offered a job up there and I need to relocate.

I know fishing Lake Seul is probably fantastic and hunting not too bad but I'd like to know how is it to live and work up there.

Thanks!

was wondering if anybody here is from Ear Falls or area.

I could possibly be offered a job up there and I need to relocate.

I know fishing Lake Seul is probably fantastic and hunting not too bad but I'd like to know how is it to live and work up there.

Thanks!

Depends a lot on what you like doing in your spare time, if its hunting and fishing your in heaven, but even then it can be challenging, long, extremely cold winters, not much else to do except hunt and fish.

What's the job?

I live in the Vermilion Bay area,Ear Falls is about 1 hr north on Hwy 105.

Small town,GREAT fishing & hunting.

You will be about 4 1/2 hrs from Winnipeg,so if you need a city fix you can get away for a weekend of city life,Dryden is about 1 1/2 hours,Kenora 2 hrs

I wouldn't consider living anywhere but this area.

I live in the Vermilion Bay area,Ear Falls is about 1 hr north on Hwy 105.

Small town,GREAT fishing & hunting.

You will be about 4 1/2 hrs from Winnipeg,so if you need a city fix you can get away for a weekend of city life,Dryden is about 1 1/2 hours,Kenora 2 hrs

I wouldn't consider living anywhere but this area.

Is that restaurant still open at the junction?

They have some good eats, i miss that place

M2B2

If you mean Village Corner,the entire place burnt up 5 yrs ago & was never rebuilt.

Yes their food was excellent.

Awe no way. Thats horrible.

I had a house in fort frances and one in ear falls.

Everytime i travelled through i stopped there. I tried everything on the menu but what i remember most was their chilli, with fresh bread, chips, topped with sour cream. A meal fit for a king and it was like 7 bucks.

Darn that sucks. Always wanted to go back one day

I couldn't see living in ear falls but I could easily spend the rest of my life in Dryden. That city was heaven.

Id prefer dryden too, but i wouldnt call it heaven lol.

Ear falls is too small, beautiful but very gossipy like any small town.

But i havent been back since the mill shut down.

Back when i lived there it was small but everyone had money and great jobs, which is good but that meant lotsa drugs and booze.

Id guess most either moved to red lake or work in red lake. Which is a complete gong show of a town

If you have a chance at a good job in ear falls, call tom at sleepy dog cabins and see if he can hook you up with a place. Its unreal nice and the fishing/scenery is great. And tom is awesome

I know a few people live in ear falls and work in red lake just because the rents are so much cheaper, the rent is red lake is in the 12 to 18 hundred bucks a month range just because it is booming. every day there are convoys of vehicles heading up and down the highway for work. fishing is wonderful in this area and hunting is excellent. as well both ear falls and red lake have golf courses, never played ear falls but the 18 hole course in red lake is a beauty.

red lake has the hospital for the area and ear falls has a medical clinic and ambulance base.

sure ear falls is a small town but life is pretty damn good up here. no hustle, no bustle. no lines to stand in when going out to eat . and ear falls has a junior a minor hockey team to support.

there are worse places to live.