Lowrance and navionics

shimano19

I just recieved a lowrance HDS 5 gen 1 a few days ago. I put in a navionics hot maps in it. It will show lakes like scugog and others in great detail and contours but when I scroll over to buckhorn and pigeon lake it won't show depths and barley any detail. Any ideas? Also is there a way to upload my waypoints from my navionics chip to my new sonar?

Since I've set it up I haven't had to do it again so I can't say for sure. But I think it was in the chart set-up and then select your area I think it is something like southern Ontario for what you need. Giant pain compared to humminbird.

So I updated the software on the hds5 gen1, and still no lake depths for buckhorn and rice lake. There is a fish n chips option but it is not highlighted and dosent allow me to select it. Also I cannot find any selection for southern ontario. I only have options for lowrance or navionics charts. all other lakes have contours and depths.

I think Buckhorn, Rice and most of the Trent systems are only on the Gold card and won't show up on that chip....that's what sucks about the older Navionics chips. The new Navionics + chip has all the lakes with 1' contours (Fish'n Chip mode) throughout the entire area you choose to download.

Edited by G.mech