Cleaning EGB Spoons

4x4bassin

Came across my stash of egb's that have been missing for 5 years , it was like finding

a small box of treasure :D Anyways they are looking a little dull , anyone here have any

ideas on buffing these guys up without taking the paint off of them ? Want to get them

tuned up nice for my lake trout trip a week from now .

Ive also had good luck on tarnished spoons. Ive had days where a tarnished spoon is the only one they will bite. Ive even taken a lighter to spoons to give them a tarnished look with success.

S.

Love EGB's but they tarnish like crazy! And no they don't work as well either. I've cleaned many an EGB with silver polish successfully - the stuff you use for silverware. Careful if it's a copper EGB (my favorite). You can rub the copper finish right off.

Thanks for the replies everyone , they are really not that bad so I think I might just leave

them as they are and hope for the best . They are mostly copper/gold with paint so I don't

want to ruin them with a cleaner .

For the copper spoons you could try soaking them in a mild acid, like lemon juice or vinegar/ketchup. Ever drop a penny in some cola? That always cleaned them up!

If the others are silver (not sure if EGB's use real silver plate or not?), but good old baking soda with a piece of aluminum foil and hot water works great.