For the Uxbridge folks - NF - PLEASE READ

NAW

http://triathlonmagazine.ca/uncategorized/toronto-triathlete-struck-in-hit-and-run/

This is sad. I've known this family for a long time, growing up in a small town. I actually dated his little sister for a while, his mom was my music teacher, and I ran with him (way behind him) on a long distance running team for a summer. He's an inspiring person. Read the article.. Please.

A tow truck driver took him out while he was riding his road bike near Uxbridge. The tow truck driver left him for dead on the side of the road...... He needs to be found, and charged. As an avid cyclist, this make me sick to my stomach.

Even worse, this poor guys father was killed in a car accident a few years ago. An absolutley amazing family, full of kind hearts, and they just seem to have the most horrible luck.

The driver of the truck fled the scene. The suspect vehicle is described as an older black tow truck with rear dual wheels and “Free Tow And Scrap” written in white lettering on the side. If you have any information about the incident call police at 905-579-1520, extension 5231 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

looks like a really good description of the suspect vehicle, should be easy to locate, or someone knows who it is, just need to come forward, if I was the driver I would be surrendering with a lawyer its just a matter of time, and your already up the Saugeen in spring thaw without a paddle,

Its a tough call eh. I did a lot of road cycling until I blew my prostate.... To link together a route, often you need to do short spurts on major highways. Specially when your doing Ironman training like he was. That's a 180km long bike ride. I don't think it's possible to link together a route that doesn't hit a major highway.

He won an Ironman in New Orleans in around the 4 hour mark. He was in insanely good athlete.