public fishing spot in sault ste marie

huzzsaba

I use to go fishing with my granduncle back in the days (20 years or so ago) when I was a little boy. He lived in sault ste marie at that time and I remember leaving home before sunrise and fishing from a pier or something like that. It was so long a go that I don't remember when I look it up on google maps as things have changed since then. The spot was a public spot where and there is a proper parking place and people fished from the pier and from shore alongside the pier.

I would love to go visit this spot when I visit the area in July. I remember my dad caught something every time he cast from that spot. :)

Edited by huzzsaba

Looking at the map, it might be Bellevie marina, but like I said it all looks different. I will be staying at the sleep Inn close to the water and close to the Art Gallery of Algoma. is fishing along the waters behind the art gallery allowed? I believe there is a trail that runs along the river.

Thanks

We have stayed at the Weston Harbour Front hotel twice in the last 2 years (February) and there have been guys fishing off the wall both times. Lots of parking in the mall next door. Not sure if it is good fishing or not but it will get you started.