Braid Problems

creditmaster

Don't be intimidated by a baitcast reel, their just another tool and are as easy to use as a hammer once you get the hang of them.

As others have suggested, adjust it as you become more familiar with the settings and don't try to over power your cast. In a very short time you'll have the settings correct & you'll be tossing your baits across the lake and birds nests will be nothing more than a distant memory.

well,

The use what the people are telling you here and practice practice practice.

I learned on the best reel I could afford. I figured if I didn't like it, I could sell it and lose less money than if I bought a cheap reel and threw it out.

Luckily, I didn't have to.

You will get the hang of it. It took me a few days on the water to really dial it in though.

I started using a baitcaster a couple years ago. I use mono but this year i'm going to try braid. i took the advise from some of my fishing buddies and bought a decent baitcaster off the bat. Went with a Shimano Curado and just bought a Calcutta. Keep practicing. I find myself wanting to use my baitcaster for everything and the spinning outfit just sits there in the shadow.

I started using a baitcaster a couple years ago. I use mono but this year i'm going to try braid. i took the advise from some of my fishing buddies and bought a decent baitcaster off the bat. Went with a Shimano Curado and just bought a Calcutta. Keep practicing. I find myself wanting to use my baitcaster for everything and the spinning outfit just sits there in the shadow.

Same as myself,spinning reel has become a back up to my two bait casters.Just feels right!!

They are tools and there are reasons to use both. my spinning outfits are used for wacky rigs, drop shots and new this year; Spybaiting. Everything else I do is on a baitcaster.

If I am pan fishing, it is spinning gear as well.

Spending some good coin on your first baitcaster is always a good idea. In this case, he already has the reel so he just needs to learn with it.