I love crappie

bigugli

Anybody want to give up some hints as to where some good crappie (or perch) spots are near Fergus? Not GPS coordinates for where to throw my line, but just some general ideas so I can get my line wet. Still new to the area and doing all I can to observe the locals. Today I saw someone with a spinning rod on the bridge over the Grand at Scotland Street. Didn't think that stretch of river would hold anything considering its pretty much locked in with dams. I know a lot of people go to Guelph Lake and Belwood Lake and Island Lake in Orangeville for ice fishing, but I'm not sure the ice is completely out at those places.

There is darn near everything in the grand, but I have not caught crappie in Fergus. I suspect that you saw a guy who doesn't know much about seasons. There is always one or two guys who think trout opens when the river breaks free of ice!

I finally got into a few slabs of my own in the yard, the competition has been fierce with up to 10 boats in about a 100 foot section but ive been holding my own so far

386894F7-9170-47EC-9C33-AC4D3CA0A2E3_zps

My first time scratching backround lol

Pretty easy actually

Edited by Gallie

Pannies have always been the spring ritual for me. Crappie, gills, perch.

The one question I would ask. Just how many of us owned computers 20 years back, and how much time did we spend online back then?

I mentioned it because I used to be the only guy out there in April looking for panfish, a few people would yell at me that the fishing season wasn't open yet, but they didn't really know the regs, it was all about walleye then. Then the crappie moved in and everything changed; I'm lucky to get on one of the spots now. LOL