Windsor/Lasalle motel recommendation

porkpie

If Belle River is close enough for you, we've always stayed in the Petit Dragon Motel and never had an issue. Decent clean rooms around $70 for a pair of beds, micro wave & mini fridge and nice folks that own the place.

Several good restaurants & a Timmies within 5 minutes walk and only 2 minutes to a great boat ramp with plenty of parking..

From Belle River to La Salle ramp would be 35-40 minutes that's not bad.

Woodslee B&B is in South Woodslee. look it up you have the whole upstairs and room for boats. We traded Breakfast for a lunch. Real nice people.

Edited by Garnet

Thanks for the info guys, we are looking to stay close to Lasalle ramps or in Windsor proper so we can head over to Wyandotte if nessecary. I think Lasalle will be clear of ice but it's not official yet. Thanks! I will file away the Belle River spot for future reference. Garnet, 20 minutes is about as much of a drive as we want to do, I'd appreciate the name of the B&B when you get a chance!

There is a Super 8 and a Comfort Inn right across the road from each other on Huron Church at the EC Row Expressway in South Windsor. The Super 8 is okay and about $80 and the Comfort inn is a bit nicer and around $100. Both have lots of parking space for boats and a few outlets around for your battery chargers. Don't stay downtown or parking becomes a problem and your boat will likely be gone in the morning.

The Lasalle ramp was clear yesterday but there is still lots of ice flowing down the river. It doesn't look as bad today but I think I am waiting until next weekend. Here is a link to a river webcam on the Detroit side:

http://detroithistorical.org/dossin-great-lakes-museum/detroit-river-watch-webcam

There is also a free ramp right under the bridge that works okay too. It is at Mckee Part on Chewitt Street. It's not as nice as Lasalle but I launch there quite often if I'm fishing mid-river.

Edited by G.mech