Cottages for rent on Rice Lake?

Smokercrafty

I used to go to Muskie Bay often. Great place, but I am not sure if it's changed ownership or not. I haven't been there in a couple of years. Check out their Hilltop Cottage.

I also frequented Elmhirst Resort. It's really nice, but probably one of the most expensive on the lake. Outdoor and Indoor pools and two restaurants, spa and all that. They have cottages with 4/5 bedrooms.

I stayed at sunshine cove for a week last year. We had the newest cottage that claims it sleeps 6 but it was really small. They all seemed small for the most part. They are livable, ok beds, decent kitchen. If you are just looking to fish than I may recommend it. I would ask for 1 with the lagest deck as it will give you more space. The location is great for fishing, close to the river and right in walleye country. It's not a very big poporty and the cottages are kinda close together. Met some nice people around the fire pit. They have an awesome fish hut with tables and freezers to store your catch. It's pretty cool

The docks are the best part for sure, if you are taking a boat this may be a factor for you. The are decent size, floating plastic docks with power near them. The orientation of them breaks waves well, and they are close to the cabins.

The owners live at the front gate so it's safe. Be careful around them the wife is a handful, they both seem to think their sh@t don't stink. They may have a fish fry mid week but didn't while I was there.

My girlfriend at the time wasn't a happy camper as it rained pretty much all week and the cabins don't have a lot to do in them. We actually left 2 days early as we couldn't take it anymore.

Hope this helps.

Go down stream to Coles Point Resort..Lots of kids activities and nice cottages..Fishing is also fantastic..Coles point Resort lies right where the Crowe river and Trent River meet.Forms a nice bay loaded with just about every species of river fish..Muskie Pike Walleye large and small mouth bass..Lots of pan fish too

I fish rice lake a lot, but never rented a cottage there because I live close by. If ya get a place and want to share info on the fishing, maybe even hook up, get in touch.

Im having a brain cramp right now and cant even think of the name of the places near where I fish....lol....i'll get back to you.

S.

Just finished booking Adventure Bay Fish Camp for the May 24 weekend.. All fishing so 3 bedroom 6 guys.. 1 extra boat so that is all I can tell you :Gonefishing:

Good news! I'll check that out. I guess I should have stated that it will be 6 guys with the sole intent of fishing and eating! Lol

I fish rice lake a lot, but never rented a cottage there because I live close by. If ya get a place and want to share info on the fishing, maybe even hook up, get in touch.

Im having a brain cramp right now and cant even think of the name of the places near where I fish....lol....i'll get back to you.

S.

No need......gimme your address! We'll rent your place!!! Lol

And to everyone else...... Thank you, and I've started my search. But keep em coming....... Can never have too many referrals.