ideal rod for trolling leadcore for lakers?and early season tactics discussion

123chadder

anyone know how to find depth temps?

I used to use, and still have, a Depth O Plug that gives you the temp and depth in one shot. It was invaluable when I started fishing Lakers as it gave me a good depth to troll at . Specially in the heat of summer.

Cheers

I"d bet surface temps will be right around the right temp then. Your graph will tell you that. If not, it will only be a few feet down to find the colder water. That time of year, fish are looking for warmer water.....where in summer, they're looking for colder water. Your thinking backwards. If you have a portable graph that tells temp, sometimes you can just drop the transducer down a few feet and see the change in temp.

The north shore of a lake gets the most sun, therefore warms up earlier than the south shore, which is shaded.

As well as the north part of the lake getting the most sun it is mostly sheltered from cold prevailing NW winds .

Also lake trout will eat anything so in the spring just after ice out they will be cruising around these warm bays picking

off everything from sunfish to leaches . They have a big appetite in the spring .

fwiw the north end of Dayo in behind those islands was a great spot for us last spring.

at the very north end of the lake in that bay?or before that?

http://travelingluck.com/North+America/Canada/Ontario/_5935902_Dayohessarah+Lake.html

http://canada.realty-world.info/map-d111.html

Edited by 123chadder

• 1 month later...