Cadigan's Camp

Reel Man

Hey guys...just wondering if anyone has ever experienced Cadigan's Camp on Pigeon Lake? Looking to book a week in the summer and I was hoping someone had been there before and could offer a review. Seems like reasonable rates and between Pigeon Lake and Buckhorn the fishing should be good. Looking at beginning of July. Any fishing advice for that time on those lakes would be welcome too of course!

I think that used to be Ennismore Lodge. Maybe someone who is local can verify that. If it is, it was a very popular camp back in the day but it became run down and sold (closed?). I have no clue what it's current state is, it's been over 5 years since I was there. I imagine they put some work into it by now. Great location too. Some of the best walleye fishing is not far away. In July, find some weeds and fish them. There is a huge weed bed just across the lake from those cottages. South of there is shallow and weedy. Probably full of largemouth bass, but I've never fished down there since I rarely fish for bass.

If that camp is back up and running [and been reno'd], I'd definitely stay there. Might check it out myself this summer.

I have never heard anything bad about the place. It is not the past Ennismore Inn and Resort, that place still exists as a training centre from what I know. I live on the lake and I would suggest targeting panfish, bass and muskie during the day and maybe walleye in the evening. However, walleye fishing is tougher than it used to be. That being said find the weed beds of milfoil and start in those areas. You are in a great location to start from. The lake has also become very busy in recent years. Have fun and good luck..

I have never heard anything bad about the place. It is not the past Ennismore Inn and Resort, that place still exists as a training centre from what I know. I live on the lake and I would suggest targeting panfish, bass and muskie during the day and maybe walleye in the evening. However, walleye fishing is tougher than it used to be. That being said find the weed beds of milfoil and start in those areas. You are in a great location to start from. The lake has also become very busy in recent years. Have fun and good luck..

My mistake. Now that you mentioned it, I do recall reading something about a training centre or something. The Ennismore camp must be close by though? Anyway, I'd say Cadigans is worth a try. I think I will check it out later this year myself.

Thanks guys, I think we're going to go ahead and book it. I'll let you know how it went.

Actually read on an earlier thread that the Ennismore Lodge is closed down but still rents out to some teen leadership training.

Cadigan's is a little closer to Gannons Narrows than the Ennismore Inn. It was sad when Gary and Judy sold the resort and it closed down to the general public. That place had quite the history and amazing food. They hosted tournaments over the years and I think that's where I attended my first OV Pro Bass Tournament back in the 80's. They also hosted Muskie Canada events. Nothing ever remains the same so enjoy a good thing while it's there.

I have stayed there a couple of times. John is a super nice guy. The cottages are a bit run down....but you get what you pay for. They are how shall we say...rustic. Since we are low maintenance people, we have always enjoyed our stays there. If you are going with people who are a bit more fussy and you are renting one of the cottages you should pay more and go somewhere else. The grounds are really nice and kid friendly, good swimming area too. We have been there in July. The floating weeds in that area make trolling pretty much impossible.