Beaverton Perch Grounds Ice Report

janesy

I drive past the waterfront almost every day so I thought I would post up the ice conditions for anyone interested. I get asked every day

Conditions on Dec 31/14. --> WhiteCaps, bring a boat.

Posted Image

Edited by janesy

Thanks for the update. I have trip booked with a hut operator out of that area in 2 weeks. Looks like I'm cutting it close.

I was down at the Beaverton harbour on Dec 28th on the way back from the cottage.

At that time there was rough looking ice as far as you could see but that wasn't far as it was overcast and the island was not quite visible. Floyd Hales didn't have its trailer etc. set up,

Last few days and nights have been subzero with no snow. Big change, the harbour is froze over again and now the ice off the pier is out quite a ways. NOT SAFE IN ANY REGARDS. The operators are getting ancy. Although it's still early, last year was froze solid well before now.

Here is the perch grounds, Ice has gone from a couple hundred yards to a couple Kilometers. You can see the open water, but it's a long way out. The ice at the shore, however does not look any better just snow covered. Conditions as of Jan 3/15

IMG_20150103_112538_zps67afd941.jpg

Edited by janesy

This is from the end of the 5th cons. That is the northern most point of Georgina Island. You can see a slight blue strip in the pic below the land, that's the water now.

I didn't expect the ice to form so quick, so likely tomorrow my camera will not show anything. I'll keep an eye from the Harbour and talk to the guys to keep up on the ice to report back.

Edited by janesy