Glue for polyethylene?

SirCranksalot

I have a couple of small ice-fishing related projects that(ideally at least) would involve gluing polyethylene. Normal glues will not work on this. I have searched on-line for suitable products, Some recommended products: Loctite Plastix, 3M Spray 72 or 90, Weld-On 600 made by the IPS Corporation.

Supposedly Home Depot and Rona carry some of these products, but local stores don't seem to have them and I can't seem to be able to order on-line and have it delivered, unless I order from the US and pay a steep delivery charge.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thx

Not too many choices when it comes to gluing polyethylene, don't waste your time & money on different adhesives and super glues.

Hot air welding is the best but needs special skill, equipment and shop settings.

There is Poly-Weld, it requires heat treatment of both surfaces, proper preparation is crucial with this product.

http://www.tapplastics.com/product/repair_products/plastic_adhesives/tap_poly_weld_adhesive/435

Mechanical fasteners like screws, bolts & nuts are easiest and most effective but not always practical.

I've found the best way to bond Polyethylene is to grind it back up into pellets and run it back through the injection moulding machine.

Even I have never had any luck doing anything else and I've been in plastics for 29 years. I have been known to repair some things.... but in a crude, non-structural way, with some heat and a large soldering gun to rejoin something in a pinch.

Thx for your help folks.

That sounds like good stuff, Brian, but i balk at the price. But thx for you generous offer to get a a discount.

I found this at H Depot. I don't need very much for my project so I'll try this and use it sparingly-----'stitch weld' the pieces together maybe. I might need 2 of these.

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/lepageltsupgtreglt-supgt-superltsupgtreglt-supgt-glue-all-plastics/973100