Garmin sonars

porkpie

One bad experience, and the whole product line is crap. Ok then!

I was just trying to caution you against buying a Garmin based on my many frustrating experiences, not just one. But you and some others were too busy jumping in unison to the wrong conclusion that you didn't think of that possibility. I guess I should be glad that you guys are just posting on a website rather than sitting on a jury at some unlucky bugger's trial.

I was just trying to caution you against buying a Garmin based on my many frustrating experiences, not just one. But you and some others were too busy jumping in unison to the wrong conclusion that you didn't think of that possibility. I guess I should be glad that you guys are just posting on a website rather than sitting on a jury at some unlucky bugger's trial.

Oh boy. I made that post based on many positive experiences with Garmin GPS's, I've owned 3. All of them have been flawless and easy to use for the time period they've served, up to and including my recent touch screen handheld garmin. It seems I'm not the only one on this site that has had a similar experience. We all have opinions based on experiences, it's cool with me if you don't like Garmin!! I did check out their sonar, and it definitely isn't for me. Anyway, this thread can be put out of its misery. I took Terry's advice and contacted West Marine Canada. I went out on a limb and bought the Raymarine A78. The price was decent and 3 year warranty to! Hopefully it will do what I want it to, and I'm pretty sure it will do a whole heck of a lot more than I want also! Thanks for everyone's input, deal done! Edited by porkpie