Roof help Newmarket

Cosmos

I had same problem. I am not handy but I youtubed it and did it myself. Nobody would come out to fix it - they wanted to do the whole roof.

I bought some climbing rope and borrowed a harness. Two hours and 100$.

Depends how atrep your slope is though.

thank you for suggestion, but it's too high for me to feel comfortable. I will do it myself only if wont be able to find somebody.

Wonder was it the same builder with all the houses around you?

A house across the street from my folks had a complete new roof put on 18 months ago. Some student college outfit like the college pro painters. That used to be around when students would work in the summer instead of sitting around tweeting about how they can't find jobs....

Anyhow my dad noticed them doing the roof and went over to explain to the young uns, that you don't start at the bottom and go up in strips to the top of the roof. He offered to show them on the ground how to do it right... Basically got told listen old man go home take your senility medicine and leave us alone...

So he left, but felt bad enough to over and tell the homeowner when they got home.

The, homeowner's wife said but my friend's sister's, second cousin's, half nephew OWNS the company I am sure they know what they are doing. It says PRO on their sign. My dad just sighed and went home took his medicine which he needed after dealing with such fools...

So after the first rain they were back redoing it, this time they actually seemed to have looked on youtube, on how it is done. NO tar paper or anything at the bottom though. Just the old planks that came with the house in 1922 or so...

Not surprisingly, 3 weeks ago they had a different company put ANOTHER new complete roof on LOL.