Interstate Battery equivalent - NF

John Bacon

Is there a site or chart where I find equavalent batteries?

Mr. Lube recommended an Interstate MT-75 battery for my truck. I figure that I can purchase and install a battery for a lot less than they are charging.

Is there a way to determine which EnerStart of other brand battery that would match the Interstate MT-75 battery?

It's just a 650 CCA battery with side terminals. (looking at it... + on the left... - on the right)

I like interstates myself, and wish we hadn't lost our local dealer.

Part Source has a good selection of on the shelf ready to go batteries, in various + / - terminal postions etc.

The hard part is finding batteries these days that will use the GMC and such hold down clamps.

Suggested retail on the MT-95 is $160.95 ! (list 180.95)

Edited by irishfield

Make, year and model of truck and we can probably get further John! Suspect a GMC with the -75

Yes, a 2005 GMC Jimmy. They actually had to enter my vehical as a Chevy Blazer because the Jimmy was not on their computer. I assume it would be the same battery.

Thanks for the tip about PartSource. There is one close to me.

Edited by JohnBacon

Most of the GM battery trays have a built in lock plate / tab and a bolt down lock plate. I find that most of the "jobber" batteries don't come the right width to use them anymore and you end up playing Mickey Mouse!

Eliminators have the little tab at the bottom of battery, works great in my S10.

Interstate are made by Johnson Controls who also make Die Hard, Duralast, Kirkland (Costco), Everstart (Walmart), and Prostart

chances are, you get the same battery with a different sticker (and price).