Thank you SAIL

mike rousseau

After a walleye trip last weekend finishing really late I wasn't paying attention and forgot my fish cleaning tools outside...

And wouldn't you know it... All my gear was stolen...

Second time in a month I've had items stolen out of my driveway...

Anyways... I use an electric knife to process my walleye... I've had the same rapala electric knife for like 10 years... So I looked at Canadian Tire and Walmart and they only had cordless and the Berkley ones with multiple adaptors...

Anyways... Telling my story at work and someone I work with said she would go to SAIL and get one for me if I want.... She was going to Ottawa anyways...

Great

Made a call... They checked and confirmed they sell the 110ac rapala electric knife... I told the gentleman that my friend was coming today and asked if he could put one at the fishing counter for her to pick up so there's no confusion....

NO PROBLEM sir... What's the ladies name...

It's great to know people that'll do you favors and have stores that'll help out like that...

Thanks Richard (I think was the mans name) from SAIL and thanks Mayrie for the favor...

Made my day

Mike, I'm interested in your thoughts on the electric knife.

I use a thin filleting knife. Does a good job but takes me a fair bit of time

Of your average keeper is under 20 inches it's not a big deal... Our average "keeper" walleye is about 23-24 inches....

I slab em with the electric... Get all the messy deal done in a flash...

Then I remove the ribs with a regular fillet knife...

Anyone who's Sean me clean a 12 fish limit is usually impressed...

My fillets look as smooth as a grocery store....

Yes serrated... 2 blades moving oposite each other... Ittl cut through any part of the fish you want...

I takes a little getting used to but I have a few buddies that'll never go back from electric...

And trust me there's no more wasted meat the with a regular knife... I find you get more meat off actually...

Only issue is with smaller fish you need to develope I fine touch with it our you'll go through the spine.... And NEVER replace your blades... I'm gunna be lost for a while with this new knife... I'll be cutting through the spine cause in used to 10 year old blades... Lol

Where do you live mike?, with all this stuff being stolen and all.

Was it dark out or day?

Sometime between midnight and 8am...

I'm actually in a good neighborhood on a busy road... Across the road from the hospital... Couple schools nearby...

Just a city full of welfare bums and crack heads with no respect for hard working people....

And our police department can't be bothered...

I know people that have called the PD while witnessing a theft and they're were told "sorry we don't have time for that"

I witnessed a punk smash my neighbors mirror off their car... I followed him in my truck and called the police... They told me to "go home and tell my neighbor to call them"... I was looking at the criminal right in front of me and they wouldn't even bother...

It's no wonder crime rate is what it is...