Low and Clear - Full length documentary

highdrifter

Hey gang,

Laszlo just put me on to this great doc... Thought I'd share it with ya'll.

I'm stuck at the office this morning... emails have been put on the back burner.. Damn you Lazer!!

I can't seem to post the link here so just do a search in Youtube and it should come up..

cheers

HD

Edited by Highdrifter

It reminded me of a few fishing trips I have been on... Except for the scenery, and tons of fish being caught. BC isn't all mushroom forests and grow ops I guess LOL.

I find it confusing when someone won't switch gear or tactics to what is working.... Then again I like catching fish so if I see something working I change up to as close as that with what I have with me. Fish goeth before pride LOL. On the other hand I will also gladly retie anyone's gear who is with me to what I am using, if I am having good luck and they aren't.

The biggest question I have is where, did the helicopter pick up the guy after he ran down the side of that gorge to fish that river near the beginning, or did he crawl back up? LOL

Edited by Canuck2fan

That looked like Colorado, he most likely came back up downstream somewhere.

Yeah you are probably right, all I can say is better him than me....

Those sort of stunts were OK when I young enough to heal right from broken bones. When you hit 50 you got to start thinking intentionally adding a permanent limp isn't worth it for a couple of fish pictures... Although the river looked amazing for it. Not mention by the time I got to the bottom I would be holding a busted rod and all my gear would have come out of my vest as I cartwheeled down the slope.

Yeah, some of that water they fished looking incredible.

Yes then again we didn't get to see what was left on the cutting room floor. I wonder with the massive program the States have to restore rivers by removing dams and cleaning them up, if the fishing will eventually get better than it was in the 80's.

It was also interesting how Alex knew just where to go in and get off a river so they didn't arrested or shot back in the old days... My Grandfather was a hunter, trapper, fisherman and gatherer who was pretty much the same around here. He definitely always got permission when he could but would think nothing of walking 2 or 3 concessions in the river bed so he could claim he was only using the navigable public access allowed under common law. Not sure how that law works in the States though and it is pretty much been eroded here at to be meaningless when a lot of cops don't know who is right or wrong when a dispute comes up.

That's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4vRMYeyAyc

Fidel: Totally man.

You: Roe, Tappered shot, short lead, short tippet

Me: Beads, Equal shot, longer lead, longer tippet

LOL naooh.

swivel. float. bulk shot. tappered shot. swivel. tipet (ghost shot). ROE. How many years you've known me now?! :tease:

What?! I thought it was well done. I guess my standards are lower..

Maybe I have to watch it again, but in the right mood.

I'll pour a cup of herbal tea and snuggle up on the couch with my favourite blanket and box of bonbons.

Nah, that ain't gonna happen, it's lame. :tease:

Maybe I have to watch it again, but in the right mood.

I'll pour a cup of herbal tea and snuggle up on the couch with my favourite blanket and box of bonbons.

Nah, that ain't gonna happen, it's lame. :tease:

LOL!!!!! Too many feelings, not enough steel in that vid.