Sunny Day Pigeon Lake Muskie

jimmer

Got out on Saturday for a troll. Lake turned out to be very busy, but managed this 40" fish out of Pigeon Lake. The thing hit like a tank and turned out to be smaller than it pulled. Always nice to get the hit when holding the rod. I hope the lake traffic slows down soon!

100_2509.JPG

jimmer if you think pigeon was bad saturday you should have seen rice lake it was absolutely nuts. I swear every boat that was out was fishing. I travelled from the otonabee to past the Ouse and every decent spot from top to bottom had 5-10 boats on it. Just crazy. I wasn't going to put up with that so I headed in. Can't wait for mid October. Less people + decent weight muskie = a good time. Going to be out on pigeon this Saturday, it will probably still be busy. Nice ski.

Caught it on a large safety pin spinner bait with double stinger and twister added to it, trolled on the edge of a weed line.

That's a tough fish for the group you met up with Capt. I still say that Pigeon is one of the toughest lakes in the fall. Added boat traffic just makes it tougher.

I probably would have done the same thing Matty. I just can`t believe the numbers out there fishing.

I love pigeon in the fall pattern works every year the fish are predictable, fish rocks no, fish points no, fish humps no, fish like they are bass no, fish rocks front of big island - no fish where docks used to be no - troll deep water - no - in the end every time one of the No's turn to yes and then you look around. They pattern all the time. They will not chase spinner bait and want to chase rubber. Then if pigeons not working go to the rice beds in little bald or rocks in Big bald, its about pattern then when you get one slow down and pick apart like spots