2 stroke 2.0hp

EC1

Hey all, just wondering how many km's should an old Johnson 2 horse should run on one tank(inside motor). Ran out of juice a couple times in the past and felt like I didn't get much out of it. 5-6km if that.

I would assume it fits about 1 - 1.5L of gas.

Thanks for any tips!

My Suzuki DF6 (4 stroke 6hp) could easily do 15-20km on the 1.5L internal tank. That was at about 3/4 throttle @ 15km/h.

I'm sure you're doing WOT with the 2hp and going maybe half that speed so you're going to see a lot less range with it. With my DF6 I always had a 5L jerry can with me and I never worried about running out of gas even for an entire day on the water.

Is it smoking regularly? Does it have a high speed jet adjust screw on the carb that you can lean out? Straight mix 2 strokes are always going to run very inefficiently at WOT.

Fortunately after the first time I ran out of juice, the jerry can stays in the canoe.

I have a feeling the motor may be leaking gas - starting the motor in a bucket results in a stained bucket.

It practically is a must to run WOT for me to make it worth putting on the canoe as the trolling motor runs about 5km/h and the Johnson hits about 11km/h

Thanks for the heads up everyone.

I've got a 1978 Johnson Seahorse and I can get about 7km on a full tank running full throttle on the back of a 16 foot canoe (side mounted). I should be able to get more, but my motor misbehaves when its bellow quarter full for some reason.

My max speed according to my GPS was 9.9km/h.

Edited by Fishing Fury

I've got a 1978 Johnson Seahorse and I can get about 7km on a full tank running full throttle on the back of a 16 foot canoe (side mounted). I should be able to get more, but my motor misbehaves when its bellow quarter full for some reason.

My max speed according to my GPS was 9.9km/h.

Sorry to kinda thread jack but I'd check your fuel pump diaphragm if it's acting up when the tank isn't completely full. Usually a tell-tale sign of a torn diaphragm.