Hey guys,

So we just put together another video from some footage of a battle with a nice coloured up buck way upstream on a feeder creek that flows into canada's main tributary of Lake Erie.

Was just wondering what you guys think about the video as it is only our second one! Any tips, advice of feedback would be greatly apreciated!

Caught the buck, using a 6'0 Utralight fenwick bush rod, shimano straddic reel with 6lb mainline, 4lb drennan fluoro leader float fishing a logjam with fresh rainbow roe, it was quite the fight!

Here is the link:

Tight Lines!

Eric

You gotta keep that lens clean man, those water droplets are very distracting. I'd suggest having an air dust blower and some microfibre lens cleaning towels on hand before you start filming.

That's a very nice coloured up buck!

Edited by BillM

Great video! Nice edits, good tune. Like someone else said…water drops are annoying, but hey…it was raining….what can ya do right?

NICE FISH!

Thanks, yeah thats a good piece of advise il keep a microfiber cloth on hand and wipe the screen after it rains!

You gotta keep that lens clean man, those water droplets are very distracting. I'd suggest having an air dust blower and some microfibre lens cleaning towels on hand before you start filming.

That's a very nice coloured up buck!

Good call Bill, il deffinetly try to keep the screen clean it is very distracting how it messes up the picture. I was surprised how hard that buck fought for how long it must have been in the river. But then again utralight 6'0 vs 13'6 noodle rod makes a big difference!

Nice video, a great start! :clapping:

I would:

lower the camera angle on your chest mount, too much sky, too little water.

standardize your font colour, size and indentation.

utilize the underwater capability of GoPro, fish look the best in water. (given clear water condition)

Perhaps a 2nd GoPro from your buddy for action shot

Music is great, but if you can workout good audio/conversation during the fight, it'll add more life to the video

:blahblah1:

Nice video, a great start! :clapping:

I would:

lower the camera angle on your chest mount, too much sky, too little water.

standardize your font colour, size and indentation.

utilize the underwater capability of GoPro, fish look the best in water. (given clear water condition)

Perhaps a 2nd GoPro from your buddy for action shot

Music is great, but if you can workout good audio/conversation during the fight, it'll add more life to the video

:blahblah1:

Thank man, great advise was looking for more tips like these!

I do want to get a 2nd camera I'm thinking switching between multiple angles would have a great effect on the videos.

As for the audio I'm going to try to do that more also!

Its actually a head mount, Its hard to imagine what the camera is viewing but il try to have it lower. I think a chest mount would be sweet to tho!.

Thanks again everyone for the imput!

Was that a spinning reel that I saw for a split second there? A $500.00 float reel would have sealed the deal and made this a fantastic video. :whistling:

I only use my straddic when trout fishing small creeks, makes it more of a challen then busting out my islander and raven float IM8 rod and getting my line caught in every little branch while getting to my spot ;)

But man trust me I love pin fishing, I will have some videos coming soon when I get some time to get down to my favorite huron tribs and get into some fish on my 15ft raven, should be some good footage :canadian:

As for the $500 float reel, id rather stick with the islander and get a GLX :angel: Islanders are tough as nails and arent too overpriced!