Bass Bite is on in Muskoka...Finally!

thegrumpyfisherman

We spent the last 2 days this week on our favorite Bass Lake, and it seems with all the cottagers gone and the lake quiet, they are finally up out of the deep under the docks and in the weeds!

We spent the whole day Tuesday and 4 hours on Wednesday and managed 60 fish over the 2 days it was awesome! Spinners and plastics for the most part, the Smally's were a little skiddish at hitting but the Pike and Largemouth were just slamming everything!

Biggest Smally was 3.9 lbs and the big Largemouth in the third pic weighed in at 4.6. None of the fish were chunked up yet, all pretty skinny which honestly made for some epic jumping and fights! Everything was released.

Heres a few pics...

Edited by thegrumpyfisherman

I dunno, I've had some banner days out on the water with jetskis and boats zipping around.

Ya me too I guess, was just trying to figure out why such a huge difference in 2 days. I'm far from an expert so perhaps I just wasn't employing the right tactic Sunday for where they were. They seemed to be out in 20 feet Sunday whereas Tues and Weds they were in schools around docks and on weed edges. Whatever the case it was a great couple days of action!

Nice fish!

I was at Rosseau for a w/e with my wife and I ended up boating 2 pike one afternoon. the 2nd was a personal best of over 30lbs.

Actually I caught both while drop-shotting for Bass with a yellow grub.

What's in the Muskoka lakes? Is there any walleye or just Bass and Pike?

TIA

Any chance for shore fishing in Lake Simcoe? And tip on some hotspots?

That would probably be the worst lake to try shore fishing on if there is, drive an extra hour North and cruise the backroads North of Honey Harbour you could probaby find somewhere far quieter where you may even catch some fish!

Nice fish!

I was at Rosseau for a w/e with my wife and I ended up boating 2 pike one afternoon. the 2nd was a personal best of over 30lbs.

Actually I caught both while drop-shotting for Bass with a yellow grub.

What's in the Muskoka lakes? Is there any walleye or just Bass and Pike?

TIA

Over 30lbs? Wow that must have been 50in +... I hope you took a pic.