It's that time of year.

DRIFTER_016

Went out to my lease today to break camp and pull the dock. :(

I took a couple of buddies that were visiting Yellowknife to give me a hand and to put them on some fish hopefully.

We got there around 10 AM and walked up to the camp to find that a bear went all Benihana on my tent. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

It shredded the fly and tent it's self to the point it's now going on the bonfire this winter.

There was one hole that was bear sized and I guess he was inside the tent at some point.

He didn't bother to mess with my sleeping foamy or the 2 plastic storage tubs holding supplies and sleeping bags etc. FYI there was absolutely no smelly stuff at all. Just TP, pillows and sleeping bag.

I don't know why it didn't go in my screen tent with the cooking tote and BBQ in it. :dunno:

OH well, guess I'll toss up a quick and dirty sleeping cabin in the spring to sleep in and I'll be bringing the boom stick when I sleep there. ;)

This was the third bear issue here this summer. Last time I was up my neighbour put a big hole in a large bear and the time before I had one wandering around my property while I was cooking breakfast on Sunday morning.

Time to get a bear tag. :whistling:

My one visitor was Hugo up visiting from South Africa.

Today he caught his first pike.

10580158_969344123091927_352752597360902

He also got his second, third and fourth. :clapping: