Lake Simcoe report

kissmybass

Went out today from 8am-2pm at Cooks Bay today to try my luck at some Northerns... aanndd... nothing! Not sure if my buddy and I were in the wrong spots at the wrong time but didn't get any luck on the pike today, unfortunately. The weather was very nice and relatively calm in the morning and by noon the winds picked up and it became VERY choppy on the waters.

After battling our way through the waves, which appeared to be angry to see us, we finally made it to one spot to try out luck for some perch. Perch were biting, as they always are, but the jumbos not so much. Managed to snag two nice ones, both just under 11", and the first of the two fought quite well. Came home with a decent meal for two of perch. (Sorry for not having any pics, will have some nex trip)

By the time we packed up and hit the road to head home, the sky cleared up and the wind died down... go figure! I guess the pike will have to wait another day before having the luxury of hitting my line!

Next up, walleye at the kawarthas!

Kinda sounds like our Sunday out on Cooks - started to rain as we launched the boat, poured on us the whole time we were fishing, then cleared up just as we got back to Harry's to leave!!!

We did manage a few pike though ;)

good luck with the 'eyes!