my weekeend up north. (not much fishing) lots of pics!

Well I took Friday and Monday off work to go up to North bay for the weekend for a family function and to do some fishing.

Arrived late Thursday night. Woke up Friday morning to hit nipissing for some walleye fishing. Got to the marina and the opp boat was telling me there are tstorm warnings and advised not to go out until after lunch. It starting raining heavy so I headed back. Friday pm was busy with catching up with family so nipissing this trip was a wash.

Anybody from the North bay, Callander, Almaguin area may have read or heard about on the local news the Hats of to Peter (my uncle) walk held in Callander on saturday? For those of you that dont know. Peter has cancer and is on a special drug treatment that is not funded by OHIP or his private insurance company. He is paying $1600 a week for this drug out of his own pocket. The hats of to Peter walk was held to not only help Peter and his wife Judy raise money for the treatment but to also raise attention to the issue of this drug not being available to canadians unless you travel south of the border to get it. I would like to say a very special thanks to the towns of North Bay, callandar, the residents, businesses and local news, tv and even the mayors of North bay and Callandar for there support for my Uncle Peter. The walk was 5km and the estimates were 300 people did the walk. We managed to raise a huge amount of money for my uncle and its hard to explain how awesome a feeling it was when they were given the big check. There was not a dry eye at the place.

Here are some pictures of the the day.

My son and myself on the dock in callandar.

125840.jpg

Part of the auction. The callandar lighthouse painting done by my aunt.

125841.jpg

Since I was walking I didnt get any pics of the actual walk. But it was great. close to 300 people walked.

The final tally.

125839.jpg

What a great day and I can't say enough about the support these commuinties has given my aunt and uncle.

On sunday I headed to a little fishing resort in the parry sound area. I found a sweet place that gives you a cabin, boat-motor, and feeds you for $89 a night in the off season. Can't get much better then that! Anyway I know the area so I knew that I was only going to be able to fish for pike because the walleye are spawning in the other end of the lake which was about a 45 minute boat trip and most are still in a fish santuary anyway.

Here is some pics of the day.

The cabin i stayed in.

125849.jpg

125851.jpg

125852.jpg

As I mentioned I fished for pike. I caught a few hammer handles trolling a good ole wooden plug. Sorry didnt take pics it was in the pooring rain and was worried about the camera getting wet.

When the rain died down I managed to take a few pics.

125853.jpg

Mr. Golden sun trying to come out!

125854.jpg

20 minutes later!

125855.jpg

Unfortuntaly the sun came out and I was most likely the only person on the lake that wanted the rain to come back. I was frozen solid and wet but the fishing died as sun came out. The only thing I caught of 4 hours of clear weather was this out of season smallie. I snapped a quick photo and back it went.

125856.jpg

At about 8pm I headed back in as I was told the sunset from the docks at the lodge was awesome as it sets in a valley.

I took a couple pics while waiting for this sunset.

125859.jpg

125860.jpg

Then the sun set in the valley and this picture sure does not do it justice.

What a wonderful and peaceful site to witness!

125861.jpg

I woke up this morning at 430am to get out on the water again but the 2 degree temperture and strong winds stopped me in my tracks. Intead I caught up on some much needed sleep and packed up and headed home. I had a great time this weekend! To bad I didnt get into more fish and too bad I didnt get to fish nipissing. Maybe next trip up to the bay I will get out on the water.

Cheers!

Great family/fishing trip,....and hey it all worked out at least you got to go fishing,and stayed in a great looking cabin,heck the price was sure right ....do you have the name of that place.. :whistling: ..thanks for sharing your weekend report....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Wonderful that the fundraiser was such a success and all the best to your uncle and family! Beautiful sunset and congrats that you got into some fish......who cares about being wet, cold when there are fish being caught! :)

bly

Wow...what an awesome report! I'm very happy to hear that the fundraiser was a success. The deal on that cabin/boat was incredible...how many PMs did you get so far for the name and location?? LOL. Good to see you got into some fish...despite the weather.